Who are we?
Active Aquatics is a service offering swimming lessons at three of our leisure centres (Bootle Leisure Centre, Meadows Leisure Centre and Dunes Splash World). We deliver a range of swimming lessons which are suitable for all ages and abilities at times that suit you.
Our swimming lessons run all year round and payments are made by monthly direct debit.
We are currently in the process of re-enrolment. Please note, we cannot advise you where you are on the waiting list at this time.
What is available?
- Adult and Child lessons (age 9 weeks +).
- Children’s swimming lessons (age 3 years +). As swimmers progress there are options for activities such as Rookie Lifeguard, Flip n’ Fun and competitive swimming.
- Adults (all ages and abilities).
- New Swimfit (Adults only). Please click here
Our lessons are fully accessible for disabled children and adults.
What we promise.
The Active Aquatics swimming lesson programme is based upon a framework called the British Gas Learn to Swim Pathway, produced by the Amateur Swimming Association (ASA), the National Governing Body for Swimming. All our swimming teachers are ASA qualified committed to continuous improvement and ensure FUN is part of every lesson.
For more information on the British Gas Learn to Swim Pathway, please click here
- Girls must wear a full costume, no bikinis or tankinis.
- Boys must wear lycra shorts or trunks, no board/holiday shorts.
- Swimming caps are compulsory.
- Jewellery must be removed for the lesson.
- We will provide all flotation aids such as armbands, discs and floats.
If you forget anything, there are a selection of swimming products available for purchase at reception.
Terms and conditions apply. For a full list of terms and conditions, please click here